View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
vatutin11

Hi Last Chance.

Well done on staying sober. It has been an immensely tough period for you and you've stayed sober throughout.

A few years ago I cheated on my ex, due to binge drinking which I use to cover my anxiety. We had been together 3 years at the time. I went into AA back then, mainly to show her I was trying to fix it. Lasted 9 months sober. A year after this I was back drinking again and not developing as a person and my gf broke up with me (not just because of the drinking, mainly the personal problems that drinking helped me to deal with when I'd go out).

No-one can say what will happen here. However, after 3 months of working on myself, I managed to win my girlfriend back. I needed to go through that 3 months to discover a lot about myself. I became a lot stronger as a result. This is a great opportunity, and you are going the right way about it by staying sober and working on yourself. You need this time to learn. Falling back into old habits like clinginess will keep the old you hanging around, the one who needs to drink.