View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Maylie

"Its all because i have be nagging on him for being out drinking till morning 5 days a week."

He choked you and pushed you into a wall because he was is drunk, violent, self absorbed, and a grade A *******. You did NOT do anything to make him do that, I don't care if you nagged him for a year straight, there is still NO EXCUSE for physical violence. That is exactly how the cycle of abuse going things are great, he hits you, he says "look what you made me do", he says he is sorry, you tip toe around him and it starts all over again. PLEASE do not EVER think that anything you do causes physical abuse, that is ALL ON HIM, not you.

"Was it really me who fxxked it up? "

No, it was not you, IT WAS HIM. HE was the one that was abusive, HE is the one that is an alcoholic, HE is the one that isn't rational, and HE is the one that is incapable of truly loving someone else, putting effort into a relationship, and unable to put the needs of another ahead of his own. HE is the one that messed up everything, HE is the one that refuses to put the effort into recovery.

Have you considered going no contact? He has nothing positive or beneficial to offer you, in fact, all he has to offer is chaos, disappointment, and hurt. He is immature and abusive, and is not even willing to admit that he has wronged you in so many unimaginable ways. The fact that he is blaming you and still trying to hurt you even though he is in a different country shows he is extremely immature and extremely far from recovery.

You deserve to be happy and treated right. Physical and emotional abuse is NEVER okay and you have survived both. You are a lot stronger than you think. It is time to focus on yourself and healing the wounds that you have suffered emotionally from this relationship. Set some goals for what you want your future to look like and start working towards them. We can't change the past but we sure as hell can make sure the past doesn't repeat itself.