Old 05-03-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by ShootingStar1 View Post
Shinebright, sometimes an organization like the Samaritans have a phone line that is open all night, and they probably would be glad to talk to you since they're there, available, anyway.

I think you may be making it harder for yourself by putting a time limit on how long you need to be living apart from him. Why, for instance, 2 months? Why not 3 or 9? All the time designation does is make you focus on whether you will be ready to see him, not see him, live with him, not live with him, in a certain amount of time.

I think that diverts from the real issue which is going through your recovery as completely and as focused as you can be. Because, the farther you get in your recovery, the more clearly you will see what the most useful next step is.

You just can't see that far now, no one can. And leaving the "what will happen next" question to sort it out when it is time to sort it out will also let him concentrate on his recovery, or not.

ShootingStar1

Great point Shootingstar

Shinebright, I did the same thing. Heck, I even put one on him. lol. When I finally stopped doing it, so much stress and pressure was relieved. I FINALLY learned to live in today and it is such a happier place to be. The time limit had me future tripping like "a fish out of water.'