View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 11:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TylerDurden

Finally free of Alcoholism!!!!!

Well well well, it has been a long time since I have posted here; a little over a year ago to be exact! For those of you who don't know or remember me, I used to post some really deep threads about my daily struggle, and I must admit those who replied were very kind and helpful! I don't really know what to say, but I think I would like to start off by saying thanks. I've visited many forums in my life and none of them have made me feel welcome and good like this one has. Thank you all for your time and understanding! =)

So what have I done since I stopped posting? Well around February of 2012, I gave into my other addiction, the addiction I've had even longer than my love of alcohol: FITNESS. I got back in the gym, and just like it did when I was in my teens, it became my anti-drug. I would still drink on weekends, however within a few months I was able to curb my drinking to only once a week. Working out has kept me focused, and given me purpose.

Nowadays, in May of 2013, I only drink once every few weeks. I feel I can control it now, however I do not go out to bars and clubs like I used to. I will admit, when confronted with alcohol and when I do actually drink (which, as stated, is relatively rare), I am not totally sure I can control it. Fortunately, I am not ever tempted to drink anymore, and I never drink alone as I used to do.

So I just wanted to check in with you all and say thanks. Maybe some of you will remember me - but for those who don't - it's nice to meet you.

Cheers.