View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

Good for you! My day was a little productive yesterday, but not great. Today's a new day. Get up and get back at it is how it works, even if some yesterdays were unproductive.
Which reminds me it is almost 11:30, and I'm getting off the computer in a couple minutes today.
Your house doesn't have to nice, as in expensive and fancy. Making a nice sitting area that is reasonably clean, is all that a friend needs to respect you. So I wouldn't worry about it.
I can see you suffer from over-thinking things. I do too. Some things are as simple as they appear--like making a clean sitting area, starting the day, getting something done. It doesn't have to be more than it is! Free yourself of over-thinking stuff. It helps to get one thing done--and then with that thing done realize it was simply getting it done. There's nothing else to it! There's nothing else to think about it, or analyze about it, or feel emotional about it. It's a chore, that's all. It's something we need to do to move forward. It's not an emotional experience.
Once I started getting going on stuff, I realized this. Was waiting for some mind blowing insight as to why I was paralyzed with inaction. Some emotional moment. None came. None should come, it's stuff, it's chores, it's action, all good, but no breakthrough in the reason for my lack of action before, or huge realization as to what is different besides doing and not doing--guess what...there's nothing different in me besides one day I was productive, and one day I wasn't. No other epiphany.
Yeah, anxiety. Some things work counter to how we expect them to, like this type of anxiety. We expect some emotional epiphany, and all we get is the chore done. Interesting though, even without that emotional moment, the chore is done, and with each chore done comes a lessening of anxiety over inactivity.
It's a personal mindf**k. We free ourselves by simply doing!