View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
I'm ruining my life and just watching everything collapse. This is not me.
I'm not being mean, harsh maybe, but not mean.

This is denial. Sorry but this IS who you are. Maybe not who you used to be, or who you wished you were, but it IS who you are. A person who huffs at work and may well be canned for it.

It may seem counter intuitive that accepting that will help you over come it, because many times we hear advice that we should only say "positive" things about who we are, to somehow convince ourselves that is true and thus live it. That makes sense up to a point, but not if it keeps us from truly and honestly addressing the not so positive stuff.

Sometimes when we say "this is not who I am" we mean that it's not who we feel we are inside. But if it was not a reflection of who we are inside, how did it manifest OUTSIDE?

Perhaps the question is "how did I become this person?" and hopefully the next question is "how do I start being the person I want to be, and live the life I want to live?"

Being caught may be one of the best things that happens to you if it means it's a kick in the pants to overcome this hurdle.

I totally do wish the best for you. Stop killing your braincells and opportunities in life. I've always gained something from your posts and am so glad you are part of this community, I'd hate to lose you to a can of air.