View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

I know exactly what you are talking about! I have the same issue. Inertia. Inability to get moving. Frozen. Paralyed. And SO heavy drinker would continue on, doing what needs to be done, while me, the one who drinks much less, would be the one who was irresponsible. It was like I was always watching--amazed, that he functioned so well enubriated, and me sober...couldn't do much of anything.
I take my eyes off him. I get back into me, my groove. You have a rhythm to your day, your life, you need to find it again. How??? Some days I get right back into a deer in headlights and it's like I have no ability to think independently at all. I have to do something akin to smacking myself. Snap out of it!

Try taking those kids outside for one minute, and not one minute more, each hour. THIS is what you guys are missing out on by procrastinating with those chores. Then drag them back in. They will watch the day improve, that sun get higher, the day get warmer, and they might just decide to get their hinies in motion. Beyond that, if that wonderful improving day doesn't motivate them, let them sit inside, and give up.

As for yourself--(and me today too) I have to prioritize a list. I will honestly forget what absolutely needs taken care of today (a late bill) if I don't put it right in front of my face.
All I can do is get in motion. #1--get off the computer. #2--that list--3 minutes to write it. #3--Do what MUST be done first. #4--Keep at it.

Things in motion tend to stay in motion. Things at rest tend to stay at rest. It's not personal, it's a natural law. Keep at it. Keep at it. Keep at it. Eventually I get on a true roll. Keep at it, don't revert back. Some of us simply suffer from procrastination as a lifestyle, and that is all about me, and nothing to do with the drinker.