View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Florence

A few thoughts, no need to respond to me point by point :

A worm is a worm is a worm. Nobody pays attention to worms because they crawl around in the dirt. What he says about you is a fart in the wind. It stinks but then it's gone.

His opinions of you really, really, really hold no merit. Not in a courtroom, not at home.

Be extra loving with them. Talk to them when they are calm and continue to explain over time that their dad is unwell, that his behavior is unacceptable, and that it is not normal behavior in a relationship. Don't be afraid of consequences from bad-mouthing him or "parental alienation." The girls need to know it's not about them. They may not believe you the first or the fifth time, but they will by the fiftieth time.

That man should not be allowed in your house. It should be a sanctuary for you and your girls free of him and his crazy. They need a safe place. So do you.

He has court-ordered visitation, I assume? It doesn't have to happen in your house. You can't control the outcome of the visitation time by making him do it in your sanctuary.

Insofar as the police go, I can't believe that his behavior over time is too little to have them come over and get him off the property. Have you pursued a restraining order? Have you talked to a lawyer or a DV counselor about the extent of your options? What about the "next step up" as far as the police go -- county, state, sheriff, etc?

Then again, my NPD POS ex taunted me from this side of the line of the law for a decade. It took him getting married and having other kids for him to forget I exist. Basically, he got his narcissist supply, good and bad, elsewhere. I feel you, I'm just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Self-care. Love those girls.