View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Davebizzle

That's fair enough but I don't believe in counting down days. If anything I think it damages the self esteem and you are certainly setting yourself up for failure because one day you'll think , 'oh I'm still counting and nothing has changed'. I think if you count everyday you are just going through the days , weeks , months and years just thinking about alcohol. Sooner or later you will have a weak moment then you'll think 'i can always count again tomorrow' before you know it , you are back on the drink. If you don't count the days you ain't starting a new system which basically is just you counting down the days. If you don't count thd days you ain't giving the alcohol no hold over you and you see that's the point it's really easy to stop drinking alcohol , you've just been conditioned to believe its not. I think your thinking is a bit messed up because yes that's probably what you done in the old days but realise this is now and this is what matters the 'now'. Thinking like you do and counting down the days 'like the old days' , just keeps you stuck in 'the old days'.