View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
blondie101

No I haven't been to an Alanon meeting yet. If I was to go to one I would want my husband to go with me so that he could also hear what people have to say, but he wouldn't think twice of going to one. I know I should have to do it for myself, But i'm scared. I thought maybe this could be my first step in just talking about to someone outside of the box. I have talked to my mother and mother in law about it but both are dealing with kinda the same thing cause my mother in law is my husbands mother and his father drinks just as much or more, but now has health problems due to not keeping him self healthy. I'm scared my husband is gonna go down the same path as his father, and if he does that he's not gonna see his kids grow up and then when they are grown up he's gonna try to make up for loss time like his father is now. My husband is a great father and a husband but when he drinking he's a lousy husband and father to boot. I would like this to change but know that I can't change him he has to change himself.