View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sunshine84

New with all of this :( alone

Hello. I'm on day 1 of a breakup with an alcoholic. He's divorced (due to his alcoholism) and he has two children. I've never been married nor do I have children. I'm 28 he's 36. When I first met him, I was over the moon. I had never dated an older man and he was really attentive and really doing the whole "wining and dining." It didnt take long to figure out he was a full blown alcoholic. I've never been involved with anyone with substance abuse problems and have been struggling how to deal. I had previously ended a five year long relationship and he had just gotten divorced as well. I was desperately lonely and that has been my downfall this entire time. After finding out he was an alcoholic he didn't bother hiding it anymore and would be ********* all the time, always playing the victim, being defensive, acted emotionally bankrupt which infuriated me!!! Anyway, I ended things with him. A month went by and he's begging for another chance. I gave him it. A whole beautiful month of sobriety it was awesome. Something triggered for him and started drinking yesterday. I am absolutely devastated. Help. I feel worthless and that I couldn't be enough for him to want to be sober. I'm terrible with being alone. I'm so incredibly lonely and disappointed.