Thread: Thankyou
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
bemyself

Hi MLC - first up, I want to publicly apologise for my remarks about your hubby and pastor, as they clearly upset you no end.

I was, in part, I think, projecting frustrations from my own experience with my first husband who was a welfare worker with pretty much the same sort of clients your hubby works with now. And I did some of that kind of work myself for a few years, mostly in foster care and the old 'State Ward' system.

Plus I've known a few pastors (many years ago, in some of the liberal church groups we were part of then) who did what they could - as all do - but didn't necessarily know how to deal with very fraught and complex family situations.

Oh, and my second 'husband' (defacto) who was a great psychologist in training at that time, years ago, but who was also, in private life, a sociopath.

I guess I'm just reflecting on that old adage 'physician, heal thyself': i.e. the professional role we have in our work lives doesn't translate to applying the same tools to our personal lives. I hope sincerely that you might understand that it was THAT - and that only! - which I bumblingly responded to the other day.

Anyway, NOW - I am still thinking of you, with only two days to go now before detox. I certainly DO care about how things pan out for you, and will be interested to see you progress. meantime, I'm sure the kids will survive you being away for two weeks, and I hope hubby's foot injury doesn't give him too much grief.

And yeah, echoing what the others say: keep off what - as a long time user of such places, hypochondriac, me :-) - call the Hysteria / Freak Me Out medical condition websites!