View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kobra

Good job on 9 weeks. That's HUGE. I get where you're coming from. I was in a similar situation. I was with a girl and we got offered drugs. I had 50 dollars in my pocket. The guy was showing me the drugs in his hand and the girl I was with looked at me like she expected me to pay him.

Something told me to make up some story about how I forgot my money at home and I had to go get it. At the time, it was the only excuse I could think of. But it kept me sober. Even though I didn't come right out and say I didn't want it, I still didn't buy it. And I have been sober since then.

It's hard at first when people are offering you drinks. All that matters is that you didn't take one. Even if you feel like the excuse you used wasn't good enough. You're still sober right?? And it can seem shameful to say, "No, I don't drink," but it's not. People should still like you even if you don't drink.

Have you been going to any other support groups besides coming on SoberRecovery? It may be a good idea for you to be around people who don't drink at least for now. Or AT LEAST with people you don't feel pressured to drink around!