View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
livingego
livingego

I'm Back from Jail Again

Well I just got through spending the weekend in jail. It gets easier everytime I go But still a dame place to be. Well like I was talking in my first post I'm a Crack addict and I got arrested a year ago for possesion and was sentance to a Court Appointed Drug Program. I have been doing that since last Febuary and in the beging I did not give a **** about if I made it through or not I had lost everything jop house kid you name it and escaping from my problems was the only thing I wanted to do. But after going to jail a couple of times my last time in June I got off my ass put the drugs down and accully made a affort in my recovery. I went back to work a real good job doing medical research for a DME company I was a Paramedic for 12 years. I was visiting my 7 year old son on weekends life is pretty good. And for some strange reason which I still Don't understand I used weekend before last. I told my counsler and was sentance to 2 weekends in jail. I feel bad about using. But I have not even thought about dope since july other than my weekly meeting at Drug Court. Did I get to cocky in my recovery? I don't know. I attented NA meeting but being here in the south the meeting are strongly relious based and I am a Atheist. And I'm having a Hard time finding a sponser. I know that staying away from drugs is just a small part of the whole recovery but what is the rest?