View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 04:26 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Ama

Hello my dear friends in Recovery!

Well another day it coming to a close. Life and children and obligations meant that I missed my meeting. I was very very disappointed in that but it was not of my making! So I have been reading and posting here and phoned my sponser too and another AA member to tank my head up with recovery. Will bring the Big Book to bed and read some later too.

I had a really good talk with my son this evening too. We spoke alot about how my drinking has effected him and the other children. One lovely consequence of this was his praise for my efforts - he says he knows that I am really trying!!!????? And he came shopping with me too.....very normal stuff! I also got a call from a friend who has bi-polar and alcoholism from a bar!!!! :-(.....That was a very sobering call for me I assure you. She is sooo very very messed up! She had been to an AA meeting too and I dont know what to say to her. I just keep on telling her that I am feeling better off it and that life is looking brighter. She is so very like me you see - in much emotional pain and turmoil too - but with drink. With drink comes the unmanagability and she it in that land of hell now.

Got a letter today from the mortgage company dated 6th Dec giving me 10 days to pay or it will go to litigation. I will work out something but only because my head is clearing you see. I had expected it and think I have half the money so cross fingers and just maybe I will clear it by the end of the week. I am resourceful when sober - you dont want to know me when I drink I assure you.......not going back there......

Well - have to vacate the computer now but will have a wireless network soon so will be able to use my cute little new laptop then and visit SR whenever I need to. This site has been crucial to my recovery - so many good people helping one another!!!! Think I am here to stay - Thank you all ALWAYS.....

Luvs And Recovery