View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gusbrooklynny

Day 14 clean & sober. Still a bit shakey but much better. Very emotional, regaining taste and feelings. I can appreciate a even keel. I don't miss the highs and lows or the time money and chase of making sure I wouldn't be dope sick. Color is back in my face and I am not ashen gray, have life back in my eyes and not the look of death. I must replace all that time and effort of getting drugs and getting high with meetings, positive people and things. Heroin has taken my spirit, my drive, my ambition, my money, my time and I missed the first 5 years of my children's lives, lost my marriage, my love I just couldn't over come it. It has robbed me of who I am. I was fun and vibrant, hard working good husband, father and provider all gone. I am a broken person. Where are they all now? When you have dope and money they are all your friends. I know I am a better person today than yesterday and even better than 2 weeks ago. Why do I still toy with the idea of using knowing what this has done to me and my life? I get tired of the monkey on my back but I will stay strong and sober for today. By the grace of god go I.