Thread: Trust Factor
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nodope

Trust Factor

Recently we were having a new ceiling put in due to water damage. There were all kinds of workers going in, and out of the house. It took a few days to complete.

On the second morning before the guys showed up my mom was ripping things apart throughout the house. She informed me that a very good ring, and bracelet were missing. She went on about how she knew the guys took it, and on, and on. Well I broke down crying. I had a meltdown. I got frantic, and was screaming you have to find this stuff. Eventually she did and it was in a place she had hid it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Couldn't I just have easily said "Look mom I have not touched that jewelry?" It was as if my reputation was on the line, and I thought well if I hadn't robbed the poor woman of everything she owned in the past then she wouldn't have to hide things where she doesn't recall? She told me she absolutely knew I didn't take anything. That never crossed her mind. Personally if it were me I'd be the first person I'd thought took it. How do we get past the TRUST factor?