View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
desp1

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
Desp1 - Why do you let your wife's disease cage you like an animal?

Why do you have to "sneak" out of your own home? She hasn't made you a prisoner you have made your own self a prisoner. Perhaps while she is gone you will put some thought into living your life while you are with her.
I am cautious because of her costly and dangerous “previous” behavior characteristics.

(1.) She falls all the time and has injured her back and her head and I have had to take her to the emergency room.
A. They always look at me like I had something to do with it.
B. Depending on her state of mind she can tell them anything…
C. The last time she fell, when I left her alone for an hour to buy her a Xmas gift, she was on the floor trashed and I had to call 911 to help me get her up.
-On that occasion she fought with the ambulance drivers and it took all my best begging to keep her from being locked up.
-I understand that it’s a way for her to bottom but I’m paying for it again.

(2.) I have spent tens of thousands in medical bills for her alcohol induced symptoms and conditions. MRI, CT scans, X-rays, and blood work.

(3.) The system is set up to bankrupt us and if I am not diligent it will.

(4.) She has apparently developed other mental issues not related to alcohol and there we go again with the $$$ system with no affordable mental health providers.

(5.) I can walk or run away but I’m still responsible for paying for all the legal, medical and who knows what for as long as we remain married.

The reality of the situation is daunting and the fact that she is a 72 year old senior woman and I’m a 61 year old younger man makes me the bad guy if I’m not compassionate and responsive to her needs. (that’s just the way it is)

It's all good!