View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
desp1

Thumbs up

I'm confused--how do you enjoy wasting a day on your boat if you haven't been out of the house except for 30 minutes here and there for 3 years?
I hope you can enjoy your boat this week. If I see you posting during the day I am going to want to yell at you to get off here and get on that boat...!
But that would be the controlling side of me wanting to give advice where none is asked for, so I'll refrain.
(But I already said it!)
No need to refrain, advice and logic are always welcome. You wouldn't say it if you didn't care and I'm flattered when it comes to caring friends.

I have to pay dock rent every month ao I'm able to sneak onboard, check the oil, start the engines, and listen to it run for 15 or twenty minutes. I've got over 100 gal of 3 1/2 year old fuel that keeps me adding stabilizer quarterly. It has been a long time since I've enjoyed the Ospreys yelling at me from their nests on the Channel markers and in the Cypress trees.

I have sacrificed my Cruising for monthly, self imposed maintenance issues. I think I will take it out this next week and just enjoy the waterway. “I really do need to use up some of the old fuel and replace it with fresh.” Boats, cars and even people need to be exercised occasionally to keep them up and running. That’s a reasonable explanation isn’t it?

Thanks

Last edited by DesertEyes; 04-20-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: fixed broken quote