View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Mattcake

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
I proceeded to delete my FB account the other day. I then thought of my friends over Seas and my friends up North. I haven't spent any quality time on that pile of #### in awhile.. It does feed negativity. Also, I dont really care if you are at the store and now your checking into the bank, at the movies, went down the block, in your car......etc. Im heartless!
I don't think you're heartless :p

Why a lot of people (if not MOST people) feel the need to broadcast their every move to the world is beyond me. Not to mention the glib, boasting posts.

My friend's marriage is in complete shambles, yet she keeps posting these Photoshopped, airbrushed pics of her radiant family smiling for the camera, the lighting just right, all of them wearing designer clothes, with their enormous yacht in the background for good measure. Geez. I'm not being judgmental, it's just annoying. IMO FB is aggravating, irritating and a source of constant negativity, unless your friends list is reasonable.

I just keep a few good friends that I actually KNOW, some of whom I've met right here in SR, friends from abroad and back home, and that's about it.

And by the way, FB rule #1 "Your mother is NOT your friend! Neither is your father nor your uncle!" Rule#2 "Your boss IS reading your posts, beware!" Rule#3 "Never keep exes in your friends list, unless you're fond of stalkers!" I've blocked all of these specimens, LOL