View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
CentralOhioDad

Dear Sir - I do appreciate your strong faith and trust in God. I too strive for that every day - and some days I'm more successful than others.

But I'd like to make some comments based on your posts. First, you have had a long, horrible experience with addicts and alcohol for what has been most of your life. But that does not mean that this is your death penalty/your penance/your existence. You can change, you can encourage change, you can be change.

Not getting fresh air, nor exercise, nor a moment's peace when you are 'allowed' to run errands for 30 minutes - I'm sorry, but that's probably worse than prison, because at least there someone cooks for you. It almost sounds as if you are ready to die because of this.

Very young children playing in the interstate need saved - the A in your life is an ADULT, an adult who needs to learn to make adult decisions and adult choices.

You write: When the least among us need help and love aren’t we are told to respect and protect them. “What would my higher power want me to do? What would Jesus do?”

We're not Jesus, we're not that powerful. You can love and respect someone, and at the same time let them go and do it from afar - you don't need to be their prisoner.

I hear the utter despair and sadness in your posts - you don't need to be a martyr in this this.

No one is perfect, everyone has faults, we all have regrets and baggage, and a ton of 'what-if's', but we can move on, we can grow, we can rise above this. And you can too, if that's what you want.

You overcame your own addiction because you were strong - find that strength again now and lift yourself up, sust yourself off, and become the man you know (and want) to be. It's in you, but you have to believe it, and want it.

Much Peace to you,
C-OH Dad