Thread: Boiling over
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NotSoIvory

Originally Posted by IWillWin View Post
Hi NotSoIvory,

I'm not familiar with your situation enough to make an informed contribution but if it is YOUR house and you are just being a good person letting these folks stay at your place I highly suggest you make a plan to rid them from your home. You are not responsible for anyone but you (and children if you have them) and if you cannot find safety in your own home because of people who can go elsewhere you might want to begin thinking about a strategy to make your home the safe place you desire.

Sending good wishes and positive sober thoughts!!
I think this is the biggest challenge I have to face.
Yes, it's my home and there is nowhere else for me to go. (My brother and my mom live with me.)

I couldn't take it anymore and I had to say something. I told him that I provide him with a safe place to stay, and that I need that in return and that he needed to have a little more consideration.

It didn't go over very well. He got indignant and turned his music back up the second I was done talking. Blatent. Now we are both angry. My biggest fear is that I will be forced to give him an ultimatum. I have broken enough relationships from drinking, and now I am breaking them sober as well. But I can't live like this. I feel it would take somebody much stronger than I am right now...