View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MTSlideAddict
Journey To Me

Found Myself Apologizing for AH.

So I guess this is how it starts. AH and I completed our taxes last Monday, but left the paperwork with the accountant as the accountant was going to work with the manager to see if there is any discount she can give since the cost was nearly $500 to prepare due to our complicated file. The following day I spent the day out with my mom having some girl time. I found out later my AH started a four day bender that day. He called me that day and notified me that the accountant gave us $75 off, but my stomach knotted up when he sounded irritated like it wasn't enough or something; I knew something was up by the sound of the irritation.

Earlier today my AH and I decided to run some errands. He's been sober since Saturday, and just trying to make up for the prior days I guess. One of the tasks on the agenda was to pick up our tax paperwork from the accountant. He asked me to bring my ID to run in and get it since he had an argument on the phone with them. Stupid me I didn't think much of it. When we got there he waited outside while I ran in to get it. I had a smile and greeted them all in the office, and asked for our file. Once it clicked with them who I was, they all lost their smile. Apparently my drunk husband caused a huge ruckus over the phone harassing the clerk, the accountant, and their manager on how the discount wasn't enough. I felt so embarrassed as they discussed their puzzlement with me regarding his dissatisfaction which didn't match what they saw the day before. I apologized to the accountant and the clerk and told them that he has some personal issues. I felt awful to be associated with him. I mean the accountant stated at the time that it wasn't even a for-sure thing to be able to give us a discount, and she didn't even have to offer that in the first place. She was just trying to help, and she gets screamed at. I felt so bad. Oh I was so humiliated, and I felt so silly that I allowed him to talk me into facing that for him. The worst part is, apparently my drunk husband told them to mail the file, but of course he didn't remember that part.

Just one step closer to being able to walk out that door for good.