View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Mander)))))

You might want to check out your state's vocational rehabilitation department. They have tests that you can take as to what you would do really great at, and then they help you find a job. And if your state is one that views Alcoholism and/or Addiction as a disability, then if what you test for requires more education, the Voc Rehab will arrange for you to get the schooling you require and then still help to place you in a job.

The other thing to do is sign up at some of the Temp Agencies, like Manpower, Kelly Service, etc The trick with those is every day at 4pm you call the person you have been assigned to. EVERY DAY. What happens is they do get tired of you calling and they will give a temporay job. Do your best on that job, then go back to calling every day.

What happens is when they start to get good reports back from the employer you get more and more work, and just possibly the longer you are at a Temp position the employer may want to hire you. Most Temp Agencies in their contract that you sign, says you must work for the Temp agency for 8 weeks on the job and then can become an employee of the company you are working for. in my travels around the country, having been married to military twice, that is what I would do, and I ended up with some pretty damn good jobs.

It is how I got into Huges Aircraft, Maverick Systems Division. I was on Temporary Assignment for 4 weeks, then they extended to 6 weeks, then asked me if I would like to become a permanent employee and I said YES, so I worked 2 more weeks for Kelly Services, (that was also 56 days of my 90 day probation at Huges, lol) and then became a Hughes employee at almost double what I was being paid by Kelly Services.

Temp Agencies are a great way to go, in my book!

Hope the above helps a bit.

Love and hugs,