View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BoxinRotz

Crazed,

This is such a difficult situation! My AH has just spent the last 2 days sicker than a dog with his head in a can brafing his guts up from a 14day vodka binge and you know what? It was all my fault says HE! I literally poured that crap down his throat and lit a fire under him just to make myself miserable! It sounds like so much fun Eh?! Now that he's sobering up, he can shoulder the blame which he always does.

I've heard this song and seen the dance. My husband screamed at me, I don't drive DRUNK DRUNK! I drive DRUNK! He is lucky he's never killed anyone or himself yet or been pulled over! He thinks his job is secure (Corrections Officer at a Max 5) He goes to work drunk. He comes home drunk. He works out at the gym drunk. He goes to bed drunk. Yet he will look me in my eye and tell me he hasn't been drinking. He lies and he tells me, I lie because you know I'm a liar and it's okay because I'm a liar!

Do NOT let that woman degrade you and shoulder the blame for what she has done! That is hard not to do because I am in the same boat! It's hard to seperate yourself from words that cut so deep they almost never heal. I hate how this is classified as a family disease yet no one but the one drinking or drugging can help stop it but sure-as-****, we all suffer the fallout of this sickness!

I think the hardest thing I've done to date is hand my AH our marriage when he demanded I give him his truck keys for a vodka run because he's 55 years old! I begged him not to do it because I would have to leave. I told him to make the choice between the bottle and me and he told me, I made my decision now give me my effing keys! So I handed him our marriage and he left for his bottle. It broke my heart.