Old 04-13-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DroPsoJuPiTeR

i refuse to enable, or is it ok to go for support?

hi, not sure if any of you are familiar with my situation.... my husband is an alcoholic and a drug addict and was released from rehab after 15 days because of insurance. hes been out a week....
his brother is having a birthday party today, and we are invited.... its basically family nothing too crazy but his brother smokes pot and of course there will be alcohol there.
I said Im not going, I just dont feel like it, we are going to church tomorrow and after getting up at 530 am to work everyday i just want one day to rest.

i also have an opinion that its too early for him to surround himself with these triggers he didnt even get to do the 30 days and he was scared to come out so hes in lala land if he thinks he can just surround himself with favortie past times and not wanna do it.
but thats not for me to say to him.

he says if im not going hes not going... im not trying to manipulate. his parents will be there .... i said you dont need me to go and he said yes i do your my wife and i could use your support. i dont know where the line is for support and enabling. he could be fine there and not drink or smoke but i could wake up tonight and have him not here. i am kind of numb and detached and just dont want to go. and i am 99 percent sure im not going to. i just dont want him to blame me for him not going to see his brother on his birthday. if they really cared they would put all that **** away and not drink either but no his brother will pass him a pipe . like what a smack in the face. and even if he didnt pass him a pipe or offer a drink, its what hes used to doing when visiting.... \\people places things.....
its a place and thing for me.,\and im not going. for my own sanity

anyone else ever deal with this stuff?