Thread: Just an update
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Originally Posted by Justshy View Post
So...the "old" me would have said, oh never mind, you can go to your meeting....but the "new" me thought to myself, there are literally 10 or more AA meetings in our area every single day from 7am-9pm and many times in between.

So....we are at the game and I say I'm going to leave in about 15 minutes....and he says..."I don't think it is fair that you go to your meeting since I can't go to mine"! WHAT???? I'm proud to say that I said "I'm sorry you feel that way" and left and went to my meeting.

Anyhow....this week I have concentrated on just living my own life and tried not to contact him too much. Part of me is thinking....is he going to think I don't care? However, the peacefulness is wonderful. If I'm not talking to him, he isn't being rude, mean or hateful.
This above - this is you working on you, and it shows. This is why we say "good job!". This is different then the way you were before. You are mindful to your emotions and your own crazy thinking. That is recovery! You understand there is nothing wrong with asking for what you need, even if someone else doesn't like it. That is real progress!

I hope you can take a few moments to not only enjoy your peace and serenity, but to feel good about yourself. You came here all twisted up in chaos, and have slowly but surely unwound yourself to the place you are today. Sure, it isn't perfect, but it sounds way better than a few months ago.

Keep on keepin on!
~T