View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Al27

No counseling, AA or anything remotely resembling professional help. He's a stubborn "do it myself" type A personality. I know he can muscle through ~ he's gone almost a year at one point... And we all know you can't force someone into recovery... So I'm just taking it one day at a time. I do seem to remember that during that year of sobriety he wanted sex so rarely that it was crushing. I could prance around in the sexiest lingerie and not a nod from him, in fact it annoys him. So I just quietly sequester myself to the edge of the bed, thankful that he's sober, and try not to be annoying. Believe me I have tried ALL of the tricks in the book, it's like trying to get a brick wall horny lol. Obviously this isn't the biggest of issues in the grand scheme of recovery, but it does seem to be the only one I cannot help myself with (other than the obvious lol) When we get married we vow to love and be faithful, though good and bad... But chronic celibacy????? Ps: I've mentioned little blue pills... Denied immediately. He just says it will come back eventually (yah when?) sorry I hope I don't sound selfish... I've poured my life into this marriage for 1/3 of my life and I'm just beginning to wonder how much blood I have left to drain, this disease is like a vampire whether actively drinking or not...