Thread: Moving On
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
blackandblue

Zoso, Yep- moving on! The fear kept me stuck. The residue of fear, obligation, and guilt (those pesky maternal instincts) is probably why I still have attachment deep in my cellular make-up. I really believe that betrayal bonds are stronger than healthy relationship bonds. But you responded to the betrayal in the opposite manner- you ran! I am developing that skill- ha ha!

I keep finding and pulling out the hooks from my heart one by one through recovery. I am amazed at your resiliency and ease in letting go. You are one of several men I have come across that has an easier time letting go than most women I know. Not to generalize but it's just and observation. Dare I say- that you do not seem codependent to me. I am borrowing your boundaries until I can make my own if that's cool.

I am in the same boat and have sworn off dating and romantic relationships for the time being. Of course they say never say never. My relationship is an inside job and with my HP for the time being. Until I am clear on that, there is no way I would put myself out there again. I just want to remain resilient while not becoming too rigid in my ways after such hurt and torment. Time will tell I suppose. I believe I am on my path. Thanks for being a part of illuminating my path.

Oh and best to you in your final approach to the finish line!