Thread: Moving On
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
divinespark

Black & Blue,
I am new. The situation with your AXBF sounds like the situation with my current BF, who I thought had some after effects from drug use in the 80s or possibly 90s. We have been friends for years and he told me many of the things that he did. When I asked him how was he able to stop he said that he "just stopped." Then told me that he never did H-every day. That if it was hard to stop he just took a percocet for a few days and then tapered off. Then said he would ocassionally still take pain pills. Then more recently has told me that he would still shoot pain pills since we were friends (for past three years) but not since we became intimate (only for past 2 months) as being with me has "inspired" him to stay clean and healthy. I have never dealt with anyone like this before and have no idea what to believe. He actually treats me wonderfully, but of course, I see all the ways that this could go south and I do spend a lot of time thinking about him, worrying about him, worrying about his health, worrying about if he is really using or not, etc. So is this "love" or is this "co-dependence". And how can one be loving and supportive without being co-dependent? Is it even possible for someone to "recreationally" use opiates? Perhaps over the years he is just such a long time user that he just has learned how to survive/keep it under control? Am I delusional?