Thread: Moving On
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

just keep taking your power back. continue to get him down to right size, just another faulty human.

I had a once very dear to me long time "friend" - ok more than that, he was my bestest buddy, dance partner, drinking partner, hair dresser - did I mention he was gay? but I was "in love" with him....or more like obsessed. AND otherwise engaged with my future second ex husband. after I split from my ex, met hank, moved out and set up shop, M got seriously jealous...i'd made him the center of my universe for SO long and then I finally get separated and unfettered from the husband, but had met someone else and he was no longer my everything. his ego didn't like that one bit.

so we "broke up" if you will. he called me one night and read me the riot act about how hank would ruin my life, and I said, this conversation is over. hung up and that was that. for MANY years.

then I thought, well....gee, MAYBE we can be friends again. and so with hank's permission, I tracked him down. AT FIRST the reunion was great...hugs and god I've missed you, etc etc. promise to stay in touch. and within a week.....he was back to playing games. even called up one night, to the house, LATE, left a drunken rambling unintelligible message.

thing was, he hadn't changed one bit. and what I once found fascinating and intoxicating (the classic come here, go away, you can't have me but i'll give you just enough to think you can) I found.......boring. predictable. childish. whatever hold on me I once let him have, I took back.

it's been 11 years now.