Old 04-11-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
topspin

Husky, ...................good to see you again

I'd need to be on an "anger thread" if I ponder the ethics of turning folks away from healthcare. " Machinery", indeed

Great irony for me too ! At 53, I finally had "health insurance" for the first time in my life, but starting to realize (3 years later) the night shift is creating havoc on my health.

I've decided to use up the rest of 2013 vacation, and find out about cutting back to 3 shifts.

Some folks around me warn of losing my health insurance, .......lol

I know what you mean about feeling like a second class citizen. If we live long enough , maybe it'll change.

probably not , eh ?

Years ago, I had a long concussion inducing bike crash. When the EMT's revived me with oxygen, my buddy (who recounted what I'd been doing the last 4 hours, as I had no memory), said they were pretty adamant about taking me to the hospital ; ....but they left after a while of me threatening them, if they touched me.

Jeeze , even in a concussed, and bloody state, it was (somewhere) in my head not to sign up for a 1300. ride.
....with no insurance , and all.

Hope you'll be able to stick around SR in the coming months. This place seemed like a warm blanket those first 60 days.

Ambivalence sucks.

take care