View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
ginger4029

I dont understand it either, i started drinking when i was 37.WHO becomes an alcoholic at 37?
MY youngest daughter turned 3 that summer. My husband has been an alcoholic since i met him. My daughters were used to him being a drunk, but not me. Weve ALWAYS had beer in the fridge and up until then i never touched it. Maybe it started when our neighbors moved in and we started having them over and drinking. we drank alot that summer. next thing i know my husband comes home from work and asks "what happened to my beer '? I said "I drank it" and it seems from then on i kept drinking it then driving drunk to get more. Ive hated myself for two years now, i just couldnt stop it seemed. Now im getting ready to turn 40 and my epihany was my oldest daughter telling me im destroying my 4yr olds life. she was right, i missed out on 2 years of her life in an every other day drunken fog. Always thinking i was gonna quit the next day. As of today ive gone a week without alcohol and i cant remember the last time i felt this good, pyhsically and emotionally, morally,motherly. Good luck to you and your girlfriend, i hope everything works out for you both.