Old 04-10-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
FreedomWon
Grateful Member

Originally Posted by HappyDestiny3 View Post
No first and foremost , I know you like to refer alot to what they did here in Akron..

Well those first years, you had to be the very very bottom of the barrel to even get help.. We have raised the bottom very much since that time...

And then, those first group of guys that worked the steps, didnt' go out and do 12step calls on their own.. They were guided at taught.. Plus they went to talk to the wives before the alcoholic, to see if he was indeed that bad...

And if you have not read Dr. Bob and The Good Old Timers.. Please read it, you will love it..

http://www.silkworth.net/pdfDrBob/La...-July-1980.pdf
Thank you so much for the link to Dr. Bob and the old timers! Again, you always have the information I crave to read! I love listening to the old-timer tapes so much! It's so much more of what I feel I need.

"Well those first years, you had to be the very very bottom of the barrel to even get help.. We have raised the bottom very much since that time..."
Excellent point.

"And then, those first group of guys that worked the steps, didnt' go out and do 12step calls on their own.. They were guided at taught.. Plus they went to talk to the wives before the alcoholic, to see if he was indeed that bad..."

I think the old way was amazing.

God bless you!
Freedom

Last edited by FreedomWon; 04-10-2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: corrected error in color