View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

"...I am a little uncertain why his newfound sobriety is making me uncomfortable.

"...I think part of it is due to my atheist husband spouting higher power statements, which make me feel as though he has been brainwashed...

"...Part is because I feel like so much of the burden of his continued sobriety seems to be placed on me....

"...Partly, I am jealous of his newfound "family" of support. I have always been there for him, yet I feel left out and insignificant now that he has his AA family that I do not 'belong' in..."

Most of my recovered friends are atheists (in AA). One way of looking at HP is to realize that we're not the most powerful in the universe.....ergo, there's probly something that's a higher power.

There is NO burden on you for his continued sobriety; that's all up to him. The only thing you're responsible for is your own recovery (yes, you'll face some recovery too; alcoholism/addiction truly is a family disease).

Be grateful for his newfound 'family' of support. 'n you can have this too, with alanon, or something similar. Unfortunately, you can't be there for him as you have in the past; you're not an alcoholic. BUT, you are NOT insignificant!!!! Find yourself a new 'family' to belong to.....and you can both travel the recovery road together...............

(o;
NoelleR