Old 04-08-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
goingtobesober

Originally Posted by AppleCorp View Post
Newbie obviously,
I confronted my spouse about a bottle a night wine pattern. I think it's been two or three years since that hasn't been the case. No "problems" to speak of like DUI, job issue, or family abuse. I'm mainly concerned that the will or ability to cut back isn't there. I brought up as a concern for health. The response was not constructive. Do I have cause for concern or should I let the dependence continue?
Hi,

I saw from your profile that you are male. And you refer to your partner as spouse, so it might be a man or a woman.

Btw, I find differences in sexual preference as normal as differences in eye color. But for this discussion it's important if you are talking to a man or a woman.

For men, the max. recommended amount of alcohol is 2 standard glasses a night. For women it's 1. So anything above that is a problem.

A bottle of wine a night is a huge problem. It's devastating to their health. It needs to stop.

Whatever you do, never let the dependence continue. It will ruin their health and well-being.

You need to be the person who gets him/her to quit. Whatever it takes.

You might need to be direct and dominant. You need to take control. You are doing it to save their live. Get help with this if you need to, but one bottle of wine is too much for a male or female. And from experience I can tell you, gradually it might turn into two bottles.

Do all you can to get him/her clean. Go and see a doctor without them knowing if you need to. It needs to stop.