Thread: Epic FAIL
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
MeSoSober

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
My first visit to Warrenton was while I was in college: I did some research at the EPA the day President Reagan got shot. The last time I was in Warrenton was a few years ago, and it was a drunken near-disaster. We were driving from Abingdon to DC to catch the overnight train to Boston, and the interstate was closed near Warrenton, delaying us about three hours. Then I got lost in Washington, but we somehow ended up at Union Station, and I still was lost due to construction, I literally drove through a hole in a fence and suddenly found myself at the rental-car return area. Then, I flipped out at the ticket counter and ran to the train, deserting my wife; who hobbled to the train and was met by the conductor, who said "Don't worry, you have a whole minute..." Life is chaotic like that if you're drinking even when you're not drinking.
That is a colorful story indeed!

junk33, we can't allow ourselves to get discouraged! Like I said, I want to learn from every screwed up, misguided decision to consume alcohol that I make. It really is beginning to feel like less and less of a friend and more of a foe. I really am getting sick and tired of being sick and tired and I want to never forget that.