View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Good morning to all and happy Sunday!
Argent- Good luck on cutting back. I don’t smoke, but it’s an addiction like any other so I can imagine how difficult it must be. Don’t you love the sleep? It’s becoming my new favorite past time
Toots- Ailments like that are the worst. I have one on my heel and it just nags at me constantly. Hope it begins to heal for you.
June- You sound positive…and the best thing is that you are here and not giving up. Hope you are feeling better.
Yesterday, around late afternoon, when faced with my usual cravings (maybe not usual, they have diminished significantly and it doesn’t take much thought to realize where it would lead) I began to think of the dangerous situations I put myself in while drinking. Situations that could have changed the course of my life: I could have hurt myself, loved ones, or others, gotten a DUI, or lost my job. Why was I spared, yet others are not of those awful consequences? As if I need any more guilt, that makes me feel guilty, yet also more resolved in my commitment. I do not want to test the hands of fate any longer.
I’m feeling so introspective, emotional, and lonely lately. I think I may look into finding a good therapist, because I am at the point now where I feel I have so much in my head and no one (in person) that I can share and be just completely honest with. I have to watch everything I say when I talk to friends and family because I have things going on my life that I am not willing to share (for fear of criticism?) – drinking/sobriety, becoming involved with my ex again, money issues, and more.
Still—I’d rather be struggling with all of this than hungover or drunk, so for that I am grateful. And, of course, I am grateful for all of you. Have a wonderful day/night, wherever you are