View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

In reading....

If he just recently quit drinking like the past few weeks then he hasn’t been sober at all really. Using and not using are one way to compare .... not using and in recovery are totally different. He may not have used cocaine in that time, drinking is using and drinking will bring you right back to coke, in time, all in good time, so will recently stopping….

You do not have to stay if you do not wish too, that is all yours to figure out and is all about you and your child in this moment, not about him. Please also note to watch your motives in terms of leaving or staying. Neither will get him well or make him worse and that is what I mean about this not being about him. You do not have to make any decision today. And the most important thing is the health and safety of both you and your child.

I suggest you get some help, meetings, counseling. I also suggest you educate yourself, cynicals blog as it goes back up is good reading, the stickies at the top of the page … seek out information on enabling, on codependency and even addiction. And for any chance and this is the hardest for many to understand, work on you, keep it about you and just you no matter what and leave him to work on him. And yes he is very capable of doing just that.

Be gentle with yourself.