Old 04-06-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
FreedomWon
Grateful Member

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
BTW - When I first came here to Sober Recovery I was ranting and complaining about everything under the sun, I searched out opinions that I DID NOT agree with and responded with bitterness. I have found taking a more chilled out approach with others has worked better. I am sorry you took my comment the wrong way, but there is no reason to assume that anyone, in your group or on this board, is slighting you in any way. We are here to help through thick and thin.

Congrats on your new found sobriety and best of luck with everything!
I tell you truthfully, nothing I've said in my post has come from bitterness. It has come from fervor about the program. I sincerely apologize for that misgiving.

My original point, is simply that people in recovery who have years of experience should have some grace when speaking about the newcomer as if we are not in the room. I don't see spiritual recovery in rudeness and I'm looking to this person to identify? Clearly not. I would wonder why this person isn't begging God for a spiritual awakening. (Again this is not pointed at you, but the main topic at hand).

Old-timers may think they're doing us a big favor by treating us with a lack of respect, but in the end, they may be doing a disservice to what the Akron Group first started.

Will the sensitive newcomer who may be hanging on by a thread return to a meeting when treated this way? Probably not. And that's one of the reasons we lose so many people to this disease and we do it in these rooms.

We need the grass roots back in our program, not all this made up stuff that's not even in the Big Book.

Okay, my rant is over. It wasn't aimed at you. I'm very passionate about AA.

Thank you for the therapy!