View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blueholly

Help! What to tell the kids and NC

So as some of you know I left my AH and filed for divorce. He is suppose to get the papers today. I feel at peace with my decision. (most of the time.) As I know that God is directing my path. Things have just gone to smoothly for me for Him not to be with me.

I still have had no contact with him. I keep telling myself that I need to call and give him and explanation. But I have warned him many a time that I would do this if he did not quit his behavior. I know that I was gone for at least 2 full days and he did not even know. It is not unlike him to leave for days and not call. I quit calling him a few weeks ago. I am not his keeper. So I suppose he doesn't deserve (for lack of better terms) an explanation. I guess he has done this to himself. But then I think I do have the kids.... but then again he hasn't tried to contact me. YET.

I mailed my phone to my parents. So i wasn't tempted answer. And got a new number that NO one has. I told his mother that I left and I am sure that she went and buffered the news to him. She is a SUPER CODIE! (worse than me) GAG... I wish she would let him hit. But i don't think she will. She always says she understands me (my ah dad was/is addict who she was married to) but her actions speak louder than words. The last time I talked to her to tell her we were gone. (had to call her, she was going to a school event for kids or I would nto have called her) she was saying how she had to go by and pick up a payment and make it for him... REALLY! That is the least of his worries!

So here is my question. I have left town. Looking for a job and I just enrolled the kids in school for next week. (they need to be in school and stable!) I have told my teen flat out. But my big problem is I have 2 young girls. 6 and 9. They don't know I enrolled them and they still think we are going home. What the heck am i going to tell them! It is so surreal to me that I am making all the major life changes and decisions with out him even knowing.

I hope someone can give me some advice! I read somewhere that you should say daddy is sick and when he gets better he can come home. Well I just don't like that. I feel like a 6 yo is going to think daddy has cancer and mommy bailed on him!

PLEASE! Someone with kids help me on this... My clock is ticking...