Old 11-12-2002, 06:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sparrow
Paused

Having done all--STAND

Hey JT

I understand about using your list as a reminder to yourself of all you hv done to hlp him. If this helps you to follow thru then I would use it but I hope tht you will not share this evidence with him. Why? Bec I feel if you do you are falling into the trap of defending your actions. There are some quotes from this board tht hv helped me in dealing with my daughters addiction and the
quacking she does -although in her case she doesn't do alot of blaming me but she does knw how to pull on my heart strings.
Heres a few of the quotes tht hv helped me in my journey and I hope tht they will help you too and tht one day they will be imprinted on your heart and soul and you won't need the evidence list anymore.

From An A ---We will say anything to get you to do wht we wnt you to do And Guilt is our strongest weapon.

Pls keep this in mind You are not doing anything to your son. He did it to himself. You finally set some personal boundaries for acceptable behavior and he crossed the line. Tht ws his choice and his perogative but he shouldn't expect to hv his cake and eat it too. they call and dump all their problems on us but they aren't willling to do anything about them I finally told my son tht i would not listen anymore If he needed help then go get it If he ws not willing to get help then I ws not willing to listen.

Your son seems to be taking inventory of everyone's faults except his own Don't buy into it. Wht flaws must I hav tht he could treat me this way An A's ruler is nothing to measure yourself by. And finally this last quote I AM SO DONE WITH JUSTIFYING MY EVERY MOVE! I don't remember the names of all the people who posted the above but I put their words in my journal as reminders to me and I changed the pronoun to she as I hv a daughter to personalize it for me It helped to bring it home
I knw they helped me tremendously I hope tht they help you to JT
Now put on some Glady's Knight music How about" I've got to use my Imagination "for some inspiration for the day ahead.
Hugs and prayers to keep on keeping on!