View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
janiebluebird

To Go or Not To Go...

I'm in a wedding this month and have a fancy dinner to attend with the bridal party this Saturday. I have been contemplating making up an excuse not to go since everyone but me will be drinking wine, and well, not to sound like a brat but at this point its not fun for me to be around people who are getting all tipsy. Plus I'm going to have to pay for their wine when the bill gets split. I feel obligated to go, though. I also don't want to miss out on the bridal party events, these are things we'll look back on. I can decide where to draw the line between my old friends/life and my new life. [*Note: My friends are not delinquents or alcoholics. Most of them will have a few glasses of wine, MAYBE go out after, but they've simmered down a lot since we are all getting a bit older in our late 20's.]

My plan to keep my head in check is to attend a day time meeting. I may also arrange a session with a personal trainer for early Sunday morning, which is both a treat to me and a great reason to jet out of there after the dinner.

I'd appreciate any input or opinions. I'm leaning more towards just going now, but still have some doubts if its what I really want.