View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

Part of the problem with relocating ( the geographical cure ) is that wherever you go, there you are. It isn’t like he can leave himself behind

My husband wrestled with quitting his job to find another because his shop is in one of the worst drug areas in the country with the best heroin of course. And I said well talk to your addiction doctor and think about this … If you change jobs will you then forget where the heroin is? He laughed.

I am really certain that no matter where he lived or where he worked if he wanted to use he would have no issue finding any drug he wanted. It isn’t just about one’s drug of choice, many addicts will use anything in desperation because any high will do to shut your head off.

There is alcohol available everywhere. If I want to drink I know exactly where to find some….

If you are done, then you are and you set up safety nets to give yourself the best chance. You have accepted you just can’t use no matter what. If you aren’t that looks the part as well. He isn’t done yet, there is nothing you can do to force that issue, but there are tons of things you can do to help keep him trapped.

If you don’t want to love him to death than get yourself some help, don’t enable or make excuses for him, treat him as capable always, because he is and let him go to find his own way.

Take really good care of you and your little one. You both are first in the mix above all else.