View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DryRoastJim

Originally Posted by raku View Post
To Bluetiger...
I wish I had your time...Congratulations ! I have 20 some days...and anxious for more time to feel more clarity and happiness. When I quit smoking cigarettes for awhile, years ago, I used to have the urge, acknowlege it, and concentrate on just letting the thought go...again and again, whenever the thoughts would come up. I do that now, with alcohol cravings and I think because I give the cravings attention, briefly, and then let it go, as if it had form, sort of re-program the mental process to a kind act, respectful, yet firm...like "OK, thought, leave promptly" You've come a long way...you must have your own technic by now, right ? another thing I noticed was I would be so concentrating on alcohol during meetings, it sometimes would evoke urges to drink ! You figure !

Cindy
I had the same issue when I quit smoking several years ago (held out for 3 years but did restart). But used the same method you did. And it works quite fine. Again I am doing same the thing with booze. The withdrawals are over and now its just the brain (Alcoholic Voice). But *I* know that and I think that makes a big difference. Anyhow, good advice!