Thread: I am resentful.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

Nobody said life is fair. It isn't. And yep--you're right--in the end nobody gets out alive either.
So, knowing all that, dog eat dog and survival of the fittest...cruel cruel world...and it is...you are right!
What can we do to make it a better place? For ourselves? For others we care about, and sometimes strangers?
How can we overcome the truth of this existance, and MAKE meaning, CREATE worth, LIVE to its fullest the days we are given?
We ALL have that same battle, those same existential questions of the meaning of life, our personal existance, our worth, drinker or not.
Life can be hard. It's hard for me too. I'm not going to tell you my personal problems, but I have a list that is long, and I would love it if some God on high gave me a big bank account, and solved all my problems.
Isn't going to happen.
But that doesn't mean life isn't worth fighting the good fight--things like "to thine own self be true (getting to know yourself), things like --Do unto others as you would have done to you (giving humanity dignity), things like working the best you can with the skills you have (personal integrity), things like putting up with pita relatives and making the best of it (they are not for me to judge lest I be), and finding beauty in a sunny day. Who needs more than those things? Gratefulness. Make a list. Today I am grateful that I woke up, for starters. Next, that I don't suffer from severe physical ailments, and can walk on my own two feet. Next that I have my mental faculties intact--I can think, if I so choose, even intelligently at times. I'm not a king or a queen, but I'm a player in this world, and I can play a role in it that I can be proud of.
It's not perfect. It's do-able though.