Thread: I am resentful.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
redatlanta

I am restsentful about being an alcoholic. It has brought such pain and wreckag

We all have resentments or wishes that things would have been easier for us in life. You aren't alone in that.

I am resentful of my family who treat me like a redheaded step child. Why am I the one who always has to contact them. Isn't this suppose to go both ways?

I would imagine you earned this status with them. It isn't that they don't love you. Time heals all wounds it really does. So does sobriety.

I am resentful that society views addiction as a moral issue and not a health issue.

I have to agree with you here. No wants to be an alcoholic

I am resentful that I have had to endure the US judicial system that treats addiction like it's a criminal matter and not a health issue. HELLO get with the program.

No...I think the point is YOU get with the program. If drug/alcohol addiction was a hall pass for breaking the law we would have a society of anarchy. I am certain, that if a loved one of yours were killed by a drunk driver you wouldn't appeal to the court to let them go because "its a health issue".

I am resentful that I can't get a job now that I have misdemeanors on my record.

Guess this depends on what your occupation is. I know felons that are employed,

I am resentful that I have to deal with the crap hole of a city I live in.

Move

I am resentful that that I am getting old. Is this someone's idea of a sick joke. Life sucks and then you die.

My husband wasted 20 years to alcoholism and he is also now an insulin dependent diabetic because of it. He has other health issues due to alcoholism as well. He's 49...we are opening our own business, we are heading to the beach in a week. We have a great and happy life. We only met 3 years ago - he says his life just began and he has never been so happy - he searched for a partner in life and foudn me. IN OTHER WORDS......life is what you make it. If you think life sucks then guess what? Its gonna keep on sucking.

Congrats on your sobriety - its an amazing accomplishment! Don't let it go! Hon, you can't change your past but you can do anything in your future.