View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TheGirlisTrying

Is he clean because he is broke? That is a good question. Maybe, and maybe this is just a break.

He went on a pretty heavy binge and road trip with a friend where he realized quickly that he had lost everything he had with him on the trip, got into an arguement with the friend, lost his place to stay and spent a couple of nights on the street. It was a bit of a wake up call, just not sure how much. Maybe even a little simulated homelessness and forshadowing of what is to come if he maintins at the binge pace.

Truth is, he lost all of his money on this trip and owes money to a dealer. This trip came 1 week after losing his job because he stopped showing up on time. His quick fix solution is to get back in the game and deal enough to cover his bills. I see that as the beginning of another end. I even told him I would pay his rent if just walks down the street and gets a crap job at McDonald's or something. He's not hearing it and determined that dealing is his quick ticket out of debt.

I'm not cool with the dealing so I make sure that anytime I see him or talk to him it is not at his residence. Getting caught at the wrong place/wrong would be a huge blow and I'm not willing to take the same risks...

I'm just trying to be supportive in the right ways and am fearful that if I turn away, he will lose all grounding and just spin off on another binge. I admit it was also really hard to know he was on the streets on this past trip so I may just be really happy that he is alive right now and not using my best judgement...hard to know what to do...