View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Marshmallow

Hello Everyone,

Once again I will say thank you to everyone for commenting here. I was just trying a minute ago to create a new thread, about the video that was shared with me. But somehow I messed that up. Will try again once I post an update here.

I could use some more thoughts please. On Saturday while I was staying at the hotel, my father in law called. He said my husband had a rough night but he had stopped his drinking binge. He also advised me to look into our bank records and see if any money had been taken out. Sure enough my husband had withdrawn over a thousand dollars the week before. There would have been no reason for this that I know of. He told me I needed to take almost all the money out of our joint account and put it into my individual account for now. Said I needed to change all the PIN numbers, online access passwords. I am TORN over this. I did transfer some money out, but havent done everything else yet. He says it is a precaution, in case my husband continues to use. I think he is meaning the cocaine more than the alcohol because of what it costs. I understand what he is saying, but Im having a hard time in what feels like betraying my husband and doing this feels like I have lost faith in him, trust.

My husband did finally call me. He was back to being sad, feeling alone, hurt that I had left, apologizing. I just wanted to go home. But my father in law was telling me no, its better if I stay away and let him feel sad. Then after watching the Video about addiction. It makes me feel like a witch for not being there for him. Finally we agreed that if he stayed sober and clean then I would come home Sunday, we would go out to eat if he was able. We did all that. He seemed a lot better but he is not saying a lot except he is sorry all this happened. I have no idea if he is still using the drugs. Today he is supposed to call and get himself an appointment with his psychologist doctor. His dad wanted me to stay away until he actually did this and went to one or two appointments. But i stayed last night, and today he is avoiding making the call. "he is fine, he has it under control, he needs to go to the office (even though its closed for easter Monday). He says he needs to check on some things (cover his a**) before his business partner gets back this week.

My father in law is now telling me "I told you so", that I should have stayed away until he saw this through. Like its my fault. I feel like a puppet. I know he understands much more about this stuff, but Im confused here.