View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
milly4me

I say embrace the elements! Oh how I use to love to run in the rain!

I use to be a runner. I remember how great that felt; like you could fly! Gawd, I miss that.

Also I remember how running would help me not to drink. I couldn't drink before a run (obviously, or it would make me sick). I couldn't drink when I was running - (and if you are out for a good long run, that can be a substantial amount of time). And I couldn't drink after I ran because that would make me feel horrible too.

So if you run often enough, that unavailable time to drink can really add up.

Good for you!!!!

(btw, I have a BIL who runs those "ultra ironman" things (50 mile runs, etc . . .). Honestly he is one of the MOST emotionally unhealthy people I know. He's completely addicted, and using running to avoid his real responsibilities, and to feed his ego. He craves all those "you're so impressive", "wow, you're an inspiration!" stuff he gets from others. Blah, blah, blah. Yea, running CAN be an addiction. The truth is he's a complete narcissistic @ss who thinks his children were born to stand at the finish line with signs saying "GO DADDY". He would never, ever, ever go to one of THEIR athletic events, 'cause . . . ya know . . . what's that got to do with or for HIM!)